Orthodontics in Washington, MI
Are you searching for straighter teeth? While orthodontics are often associated with braces and teenagers, this is not entirely the case; orthodontics are for everyone. Whether you are in search of straightening your child’s teeth or your own, there is an orthodontic treatment available.
Without early orthodontic treatment, jaw growth and alignment can be affected. This can cause an overall decline in oral health. Patients can start orthodontics as early as age six. At this point, a child’s jaw is still developing, so malocclusion would be in its earliest stage still. Malocclusion is simply an abnormal alignment of the upper and lower teeth. To determine the best type of orthodontic treatment your dentist will assess your child’s malocclusion issues in relation to spacing or jaw alignment.
Some signs of malocclusion include the following:
- Irregular and excessive spacing between teeth
- Feeling of pain or tenderness in the jaw or facial muscles
- Overlapping teeth (crowded)
- Front teeth excessively protruding over the lower teeth (overbite)
- Lower front teeth overlapping the upper front teeth (underbite)
- Upper and lower teeth not touching (open bite)
To learn more about orthodontics in Washington, contact our office today! We will work with you to determine the best orthodontics for improving your smile and jaw alignment.